|The Examination will be conducted in three tiers as indicated below: |
Tier - I -- Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier - II -- Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier - III -- Personality Test cum Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
The Tier I written examination consists of objective type multiple choice questions for a total of 200 marks. Negative marking is applicable with 0.25 marks deducted for each incorrect answer. The exam is to be completed in 2 hours and is divided into four sections:
1. General Intelligence and Reasoning - 50 marks
2. General Awareness - 50 marks
3. Quantitative Aptitude - 50 marks
4. English Comprehension - 50 marks
Total Marks - 200
The Tier II written exam is based on which post you have applied for. The written exam is divided broadly into two categories:
1. Posts for which Interview is prescribed other than Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Posts for which no Interview is prescribed, other than Compiler. Written exam will consist of two Papers: Quantitative Abilities: 200 marks (100 Questions) and English Language Comprehension: 200 marks.
2. Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Compiler
Written exam will consist of three Papers: Quantitative Abilities: 200 marks (100 Questions) English Language Comprehension: 200 marks and Paper-III Statistics
Only the candidates clearing the Tier I exam will be eligible for the Tier II exam. The qualifying marks for the Tier I exam will be decided by the Commission after the Tier I exam at their discretion. The qualifying marks will be set based on the category-wise vacancies and the number of candidates. Although the Tier I exam is used as a qualifying exam for Tier II examination, the Tier I marks will be considered for final selection.